Career assessment helps individuals identify their abilities and interests as part of the career exploration and planning process. They are also important tools for organizations in selection, development and management of employees. CERIC new literature search on Assessment Tools for Career Development explores recent research in the area – from validation to ethical use.
Topics covered in the literature search include:
- Measurement and evaluation of different self-assessment tools
- Development of assessment tools using new technology
- Assessment in career guidance with youth
- Role of career assessment in career counselling
- Human resources management and career assessment
- Assessment tools and career decision making
There are 45 CERIC literature searches now available, including Career Development Theory and Career Management Models, Economic Benefits of Career Guidance, Parental Involvement in Career Development, Labour Market Trends, Mental Health Issues in the Workplace, and more.
Featuring comprehensive listings of key research and articles in career development, literature searches highlight critical points of current knowledge.
As a student, academic or practitioner in the field, literature searches are helpful if you are researching the latest thinking or proven best practices. They are also valuable if you are considering a submission to CERIC for project partnership funding in order to gain an overview of major work already done in your area of interest.