CERIC is partnering with Challenge Factory to offer a free webinar – A Question of Style: What HR and career professionals need to know about “misunderstood” candidate groups such as veterans on April 27, 2018.
Using new, CERIC-supported research, Lisa Taylor will show in this free webinar how the challenges that veterans face serve as a good case study for all employers and career practitioners. Whether you currently hire or work with transitioning veterans, or not, this webinar will help you better understand where hiring managers get in their own way of finding top candidates and how career practitioners can better prepare misunderstood candidates to overcome recruitment obstacles.
Taylor challenges outdated career thinking. Her company, Challenge Factory, is at the forefront of Future of Work-related research, consulting and training.
What you will learn in this free webinar:
- Understand how unconscious bias about “cultural fit” in the recruitment cycle can be quantified and exposed
- Identify how members of hidden talent pools (including but not limited to veterans) can combat unspoken assumptions that might otherwise limit hiring success
- Gain specific insight into Canadian veteran civilian career transition as a case study of a hidden talent pool
- Take a self-assessment to evaluate your own understanding of veterans as potential candidates and employees
- Learn how you can participate in the next phase of this research